WordPress Plugin Integration Guide
humanID’s WordPress Plugin Integration Guide
humanID’s WordPress Plugin
humanID’s WordPress Plugin allows users to permanently block users and bots from commenting on their WordPress-based website. Additionally, it will prevent viewers from having to struggle with CAPTCHAs.
- In the WordPress dashboard, find “plugins” and click “add new”.
- Search for “humanID”. Install and activate the plugin.
- In WordPress, go to “humanID Setup”
- In the “Update Permalinks” panel, click “Go to permalinks”.
- Set your “Common Settings” to anything other than type “Plain”. Do NOT set your common setting to be “Plain” and save changes.
- Back on the “humanID Setup” page, click “Yes, I have updated the permalinks”. This panel should appear.
- Below the “humanID Redirect Urls” panel, right-click on “here” and click “Open link in new tab”. Click on the new tab to go to the “humanID Developers” page.
- Log into your humanID Developers account. If you don’t have one, create one and log in.
- In the “humanID Developers” dashboard, click “Register New Project”
- Click “Create New Credentials”. Name your credentials, and set the type and environment. You will receive server credentials on the dashboard.
- Copy your Client ID and on the “humanID Setup” page paste it into the textbox labeled “Client ID”.
- Copy your Client secret and on the “humanID Setup” page paste it into the textbox labeled “Client Secret ”. Save changes.
- In the “humanID Setup” page, find the redirect URLs you received after you updated your permalinks.
- Open the “humanID Developers” dashboard. Scroll down until you see the panel labeled “Redirect URLs”.
- Click the arrow on the right of “Edit Redirect URLs” to expand. Find “Successful URL” and “Failed URL”.
- Copy your success link from “humanID Setup” and paste it into their respective textbox on the “humanID developers” page.
- Repeat the step above with the failed link.
- Click “Update Project Redirect URLs”.